A NEXTGEN LEARNING SPACE DESIGNED TO ELEVATE YOUR AIRWAY PRACTICE
Audio Intro HERE
WHat you’ll find here
- Learn the difference between your FONA strategy & tactics
- Learn the tactics that will help you achieve your FONA strategy
- Develop your FONA readiness plan
- How to Implement the double set-up
“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.”― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
The Double Set Up
This self-practice module can be done alone or in small teams
- Review the practice case here
- Use the FONA readiness checklist here
- Develop your FONA action plan
- Run your team through the case
- Ask a PAC coach for feedback!
the bottom line
- There’s a difference between a FONA strategy and having the tactics to that will allow you to employ that strategy.
- Always assess the need for FONA readiness.
- Use the double setup in situations where FONA is likely
- In a CICO situation plan to make the transition to FONA early
EMUpdates on the double setup
“Experienced emergency providers recognize procedural reserve as a luxury that the patient can revoke immediately and unpredictably…” — Reuben Strayer MD
For in person learners, locate any of the posters below within the installation to continue your training. Then snap the QR codes embedded within them to access the learning space. Look for the ✋emoji for integrated hands on training opportunities.
Online learning only
For remote learning only: you can use the link below to see the complete set of learning spaces available to you in this series.