NEXTGEN LEARNING DESIGNED TO ELEVATE YOUR AIRWAY PRACTICE
guided practice tools
Use this video and the equipment at this station for self-guided learning at your own pace, and then take advantage of expert coaches at our live events.
MAKE YOUR OWN
Sometimes you can’t wait for pharmacy, or they may not be available and you just need that phenylephrine fast. Here’s how to do it.
Watch this video from EMCrit. A simple but highly valuable video from none other than Scott Weingart MD
- Draw 1 ml (10mg) from a phenylephrine 10 mg/ ml vial
- Inject into 100 cc bag of normal saline
- Shake thoroughly, then draw 10cc from the bag into an empty syringe.
- Label syringe. Now each 1 ml contains 100 mcg of phenylephrine
- 0.5-2 ml (50-200 mcg) every 2-5 minutes PRN hypotension
- Duration 10-20 minutes
- Onset < 1 minute
Integrated Digital & Physical Space
Congratulations on completing this learning. Visit any of the other posters in this space to continue. When you can’t be with us in person, don’t worry. All of this content lives in both the physical and digital space. Enter here for the complete online curriculum for learning anytime, anywhere.