A NEXTGEN LEARNING SPACE DESIGNED TO ELEVATE YOUR AIRWAY PRACTICE
WHat you’ll find here
- A better understanding of the impact stress has on human performance
- Useful techniques to combat the negative effects stress During FONA
- In person- our stress inoculation lab to improve your ability employ these techniques
Place Audio Here*
Performance enhancement & Stress Management
Research into performance in competitive sports and those working in high stress environments have yielded valuable clues into how we can
four techniques to enhance your fona performance
Expert discussion on the SFB
Listen to our team of experts from across the emergency airway universe discuss the finer points of applying performance enhancement techniques.
the bottom line
- Stress can negatively impact your performance and delay or impair your ability to perform FONA
- Breathing techniques, visualization, self-talk, and trigger words can improve your performance
WHAT’S NEXT – map your own journey 👇👇👇
This space is self-directed. For in person learners, review the posters below, choose the one you want, and locate it within the installation to continue your training. Snap the QR codes embedded within them to access the learning space. Look for the ✋ emoji for integrated hands on training opportunities, and the 💪 to indicate a SIM challenge.
when you can’t be with us – Online learning
When you can’t be with us in person, you can still access all the same content on this topic. Simply click on the masterclass link below to take you to the online masterclass learning space.
Reference – Psychological Skills to Improve Emergency Care
Providers’ Performance Under Stress
Michael J. Lauria, BA, NRP, FP-C*; Isabelle A. Gallo; Lt Col Stephen Rush, MD;
Jason Brooks, PhD, MSc; Rory Spiegel, MD; Scott D. Weingart, MD