A NEXTGEN LEARNING SPACE DESIGNED TO ELEVATE YOUR AIRWAY PRACTICE
START HERE 👆
what you’ll find here
- A critical concept & action related to performance
- Opportunity to practice a basic breathing technique
basic Box Breathing PRACTICE
- Breathe in over 4 seconds
- Hold your breath for 4 seconds
- Exhale out over 4 seconds
- Hold on exhale for 4 seconds
Breathing techniques are used by elite athletes to improve their performance. They can be used to gain focus, reduce anxiety and control stress. When applied correctly breathing techniques can increase your ability to stay centered, and calm the mind. Breathing is therefore the foundational technique among other performance enhancing skills which is why we made it the second law of emergency airway care. 🧘🏻♀️
Self-Practice 🤔 ✋
Work on your basic breathing technique. if you’re in person use the heart rate monitor provided in this space to bring your heart rate down at least 10bpm or you can you one of your own personal devices like a Fitbit or Apple Watch. You can use the guided audio here.
the bottom line
- Breathing is the only autonomic function we have control of and can be used to improve performance
- The basic box breathing technique is an effective method to control breathing
For in person learners, locate any of the posters below within the installation to continue your training. Then snap the QR codes embedded within them to access the learning space. Look for the ✋emoji for integrated hands on training opportunities.
when you can’t be with us – Online learning
When you can’t be with us in person, you can still access all the same content on this topic. Simply click on the masterclass link below to take you to the online masterclass learning space.