nextgen learning designed to elevate your airway practice
AUDIO INTRO – COMING SOON
Please use this information to prepare you and your team for your upcoming simulation.
Before you start
Before you begin this simulation here are the things you should have completed.
- Explored the related content in our immersive learning space
- Listened to the simulation pre-brief
- Reviewed the case information below
- Organized your team & assigned roles
Take a moment to listen to the audio pre-brief for this simulation
AUDIO COMING SOON
Responding to a code, you find your patient unresponsive and without a pulse. What do you do next? By now, you should be familiar with all the concepts, tools, and skills available to you to help you successfully manage this difficult situation from your exploration of the related immersive learning space. Now, it’s time to put them into action. You can discuss the plan briefly with your team. You can assign roles before you enter the room. Once you’re called in, it’s time to get to work.
Remember the simulation space is a safe space. Please treat each other and the support staff in the room with respect. This is a LEARNING SPACE and so there are no wrong answers or wrong actions, only learning opportunities.
The simulation space is also just that – a simulation. That means accepting that in order to learn in this simulated environment we must suspend our disbelief and go with it. Here are some tips that can help:
- Like the real world, nothing happens unless you do it. If you want the patient on the monitor or an IV placed you or someone on your team must complete the task.
- We have tried to make the mannequin as realistic as possible. If you want a physical finding then complete the action and if it is not apparent you will be given an alternative cue to assist you.
- All the equipment you need is in the room.
- Do not do anything that will serious damage the mannequin unless it is clear that the trainer is meant for that task.
About the Debrief
after the simulation
After the simulation is complete, a debrief facilitated by our expert faculty will occur. Please use this time to share and discuss the experience. This is an opportunity to reflect on performance, identify gaps, explore the rationale for certain behaviors, and discuss solutions. A summary of the case, a list of learning objectives and critical actions will also be reviewed and the faculty will also share their insights and clinical pearls of what they might do in a similar situation.
You can earn points for participating in this simulation. 💯
- Open the guide to a tab on your browser.
- Visit each poster & review the content.
- Complete any challenges to earn points.
Interative learning design
We designed PAC to be an interactive and iterative learning experience. We suggest you use the information from the simulation and the debrief to guide another focused exploration of the immersive learning space on this topic, hitting the concepts and skills you would like to focus on based on the debrief. You can visit the online learning space here and then return to the physical space for hands-on practice and expert coaching.